David Weber, MD, MPH, medical director for infection prevention at the UNC Medical Center, answers the most frequently asked questions related to UNC Health’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate.
David Weber, MD, MPH, answers the most frequently asked questions related to UNC Health’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement:
- Why is getting a COVID-19 vaccine required when they have not been approved by the FDA?
- Does the COVID-19 vaccination requirement allow for any medical or religious exemptions?
- I’ve already had COVID-19. Am I still required to receive a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Will pregnancy and breastfeeding qualify as exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement?
- Without long-term safety information, how do we know that COVID-19 vaccines are really safe?
- If I experience side effects from my COVID-19 vaccination, will it be covered under worker’s compensation?
As a reminder – All teammates must provide verification of vaccination or submit a medical/religious exemption form using the COVID-19 Vaccine Self-Report Portal by September 21 to be compliant with this policy. View additional FAQs here.