For Physicians and Physician Assistants – Dec. 1st is the Deadline to Earn 2021 Board Certification Credit for Quality & Safety Work You Are Already Doing!
If you need 2021 credit for specialty board certification, attest to your participation in approved quality improvement activities by Dec. 1, 2021, and NC MOC will process your credit and notify your specialty board. The attestation form takes less than 10 minutes.
See below for 3 ways your QI activities can earn you MOC Part IV credit.
- Approved UNC Health Quality Improvement Projects/Initiatives listed here
Over 70 UNC Health quality improvement projects/initiatives are approved for board certification credit. Check the list here. Includes initiatives related to organizational improvement goals (hospital-acquired infections; opioid stewardship; ERAS; ambulatory quality council; and mortality, morbidity, and improvement conferences, etc.). If you have completed the approved activity’s participation requirements, complete the 10-minute attestation to earn credit.
- Participation in a COVID-related quality improvement activity
Due to the pandemic, many physicians and physician assistants have made changes in workflows, screening processes, clinical processes, patient education, virtual patient visit options, etc. These improvement activities/interventions are included under a general COVID-related QI project. If you participated in any COVID-related improvement where you took part in an intervention, reviewed data, and helped develop changes, complete the attestation to earn credit.
- Qualifying Quality Improvement & Patient Safety Leadership
If you hold a position related to quality improvement or patient safety, you can receive credit. Here are a few example job titles:
- Chief quality or safety officer
- Director or vice chair for quality and safety in a department, division or section
- Quality and safety committee chair
- Quality and safety coach
- Advisor/mentor/preceptor to learners conducting quality and safety work
- Member of UNC Health Quality Improvement Oversight Committee
- This list is not exhaustive, please reach out to Monecia Thomas if you have questions.