Registration is open for TEAM ADVANCE’s Spring 2022 Faculty Mentor Training. TEAM ADVANCE invites all faculty who are interested in improving their mentoring skills to register.
Targeting Equity in Access to Mentoring (TEAM) ADVANCE invites faculty to register for our Spring 2022 Faculty Mentor Training.
Our Faculty Mentor Training supports faculty seeking to enhance their mentoring skills with emphasis on best practices for mentoring junior faculty. The series is adapted from the Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research’s renowned Entering Mentoring. In keeping with TEAM ADVANCE’s mission to promote active, equitable, and effective faculty mentoring, our Faculty Mentor Training curriculum emphasizes equitable, intersectionality-informed mentoring.
To date, over 100 faculty across the University have completed our Faculty Mentor Training.
Registration is open and covers all five workshop dates.
Spring 2022 Workshop Dates
- Friday, February 4: Intersectionality and Equitable Mentoring
- Friday, February 25: Effective Communication and Aligning Mentoring Expectations
- Friday, March 11: Providing Feedback and Holding Difficult Conversations
- Friday, April 1: Mentoring and Promoting Professional Development
- Friday, April 29: Promoting Mentee Independence and Revising Your Mentoring Philosophy
The Spring 2022 training will begin virtually with sessions held via Zoom. Later sessions may be held in person as we monitor guidelines and gauge our participants’ comfort levels.
We look forward to welcoming you into our TEAM ADVANCE community!