Here are some of the School of Medicine IT educational technology training opportunities for January and February 2022.
Here are some of the School of Medicine IT educational technology training opportunities for January and February 2022. Except where noted, you can register for these classes on our Events page. We hope you’ll join us!
Managing and Sharing Panopto Recordings
Tuesday, January 11, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM, Zoom
- Learn how to manage and share your Panopto recording, including Zoom recordings.
HeelStream Migration Training
(Recommended for All HeelStream Library Owners)
Thursday, January 13, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM, Zoom
Thursday, January 20, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM, Zoom
Tuesday, January 25, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM, Zoom
Thursday, February 3, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM, Zoom
Tuesday, February 8, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM, Zoom
Thursday, February 17, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM, Zoom
- The School of Medicine is moving HeelStream to UNC Panopto this spring. We encourage all HeelStream library owners to take this training to learn about the migration, how to manage your recordings in Panopto, and important steps you will need to take once migration is complete.
Web Training: Introduction
Tuesday, January 18, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Zoom
Thursday, February 17, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Zoom
- The School of Medicine uses WordPress, which powers over one-third of all sites on the internet because its flexibility and ease of us, to manage its websites. This class introduces the basics and is required for School of Medicine site administrators. It is also recommended for anyone new to WordPress.
Web Training: Directory Profiles
Wednesday, January 26, 11:30 AM-12:30 PM, Zoom
- The School of Medicine web system has a robust directory product that allows you to create profiles of your faculty, staff, and residents and display them in galleries on your website. This class teaches you how to create, organize and display these profiles.
Editing Panopto Recordings
Thursday, January 27, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM, Zoom
- Learn how to edit your Panopto recordings, including transcriptions and closed captions.