The Rapid Response Recognition Report is a quarterly recognition of providers who are “remarkable examples of excellence” during rapid response events at UNCMC.
Effective utilization of the Adult Rapid Response System at UNC Medical Center is essential in the early detection of clinically worsening patients, to ensure necessary resources are mobilized and adverse outcomes prevented. Rapid response events require teamwork, collaboration, closed loop communication, and respect for each other. UNC Medical Center’s Adult Rapid Response System has announced the “Rapid Response Recognition Report” for October 2021 through December 2021. The following are stellar providers who have demonstrated remarkable examples of excellence.
Department of Medicine:
Gabriel Lupu, MD
- “We had a rapid on BICU on a sick hospitalist patient. Dr. Lupu was willing to be available and write MD orders while we were waiting for the hospitalist arrive.
Stephanie Pavlovich, MD, PhD
- “She is phenomenal! She has a great attitude in all the rapids, works well with the nurses and physician teams, is a great communicator and very caring to patients. Today, Dr. Pavlovich held a bucket as the patient was throwing up while the Rapid Response Nurse was trying to grab labs and give an IV antihypertensive med. She checks in with ARRT and the primary team before she leaves. So kudos to Stephanie, thank you for joining in on the rapid responses.”
Aaron Lerner, MD
- “[He] had great bedside manners in reassuring the patient. The patient was severely anxious and felt shortness of breath. Dr. Lerner sat down (eye level) with the patient and listened and consoled the patient. Dr. Lerner also had great communication during the rapid. There was another RRT that occurred during my rapid and then Dr. Lerner came back to check on the patient and made sure we got the discharge orders and admission orders that we needed to go to MICU before their shift ended.”
Rapid Response Nurses:
- “When 4 rapids occurred at almost the same time and 2-Team 2’s were called, Cassandra jumped right in and covered the 2 rapid responses that we could not and therefore kept ICU nurses from having to stay off their units! Thanks to Cassandra and her professionalism and dedication to our team and patients!”
Liv Lunardo, Janice Galloway, and Kelly Long
- “Kudos to Janice, Liv, and Kelly for assisting 3 west with a Rapid turn Code Blue. From documenting to inserting a Foley, they all worked as a team to give us extra support which was much appreciated! (3 west Leadership)
Rapid Response Nurses
- “Please send a HUGE thank you to the Rapid Response Team for always supporting my crew over on this end of the hospital. We appreciate you all!!” – 4ONC leadership