- This event has passed.
Begin Again Fall Retreat: RENEW, REPLENISH, RESTORE with Paula Huffman, BS, RN, ERYT
October 15, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Begin Again Fall Retreat: RENEW, REPLENISH, RESTORE, with Paula Huffman, BS, RN, ERYT
Hosted by the UNC Program on Integrative Medicine
Saturday, October 15, 2022, from 9:30 – 4 PM EST
New Hope Camp and Conference Center, this retreat is held in an outside covered pavilion
$125 (payroll deduction available for UNC Full-Time University Employees)
With the arrival of Autumn, as we begin to experience the beauty in the changing leaves and the crisp air that signifies the end of summer, it is essential to recognize how our bodies and mood states may adjust to the season’s change. Colorful leaves and bare tree branches make the changes in our external environment obvious, but our physical and emotional response to the change in seasons is usually much more subtle. Now is a great time to use this change in seasons, this change in the Earth’s energy, to move forward and into the new. Practicing mindfulness can provide us with simple and reliable strategies to enhance our life quality both now and in the future.
Participation in this Retreat will Provide you with the opportunity to:
- Slow down, quiet the mind, and rest
- Participate in activities that are healthful and healing
- Spend time outside in nature while being guided in Mindfulness Meditation practices
- Enjoy alone time for reflection
- Socialize and connect with other participants
Mindfulness Practices included in this Workshop:
- What is your body telling you? Body Scan Meditation to enhance the Mind-Body connection
- Free time for reflection as you enjoy the beautiful grounds at Camp New Hope
- Seated Meditation Practices
- Walking Meditation at the Labyrinth
- Mindful Communication
- Loving Kindness Meditation for Developing Self-compassion and Gratitude
Please wear comfortable clothing.
Please bring your outdoor chair.
Please bring a bagged lunch and snacks as you prefer.
We will be a scent-free event.
Please follow the link to register, https://tinyurl.com/2jlgkew4
Please visit our website, www.pim.med.unc.edu.
FACEBOOK: @UNCPIM https://www.facebook.com/UNCpim/
Twitter: @UNC Mindfulness https://twitter.com/UNC_PIM
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org