- This event has passed.
THE 2022 CIDD “VIRTUAL” COMMUNITY TALK SERIES PRESENTS: Disability and Dating: Romantic Relationships — A PANEL DISCUSSION
February 9 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
THE 2022 CIDD “VIRTUAL” COMMUNITY TALK SERIES PRESENTS:
Disability and Dating: Romantic Relationships — A Panel Discussion
Join us for a panel discussion featuring people with disabilities and their experiences with dating and romantic relationships.
Moderated by: Michelle Ballasiotes, BSPH, OTS – Occupational Therapy Student and LEND Self-Advocate Trainee
Michelle Ballasiotes is a current Occupational Therapy (OT) student at UNC – Chapel Hill and a LEND Self-Advocate Trainee. She has a form of cerebral palsy called hemiplegia due to a stroke she had before birth. Michelle recently started a podcast called Dating with a Disability.
- Learn from people with disabilities as they share their lived experiences of dating and being in intimate relationships
- Learn tips surrounding navigation of dating apps
- Learn how disability can challenge and strengthen a relationship
- Learn ways to improve inclusion of disabilities within relationships
- Learn ways to communicate about disability with a person who has a disability
VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATES – PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT 1.5 CREDIT HOURS – ARE AVAILABLE
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm via Zoom
AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, YOU WILL RECEIVE A ZOOM LINK TO JOIN THE COMMUNITY TALK SERIES