Aug 24, 2012 04:30 PM
The Emerging Leaders workshop is recommended for those who have leadership roles but do not currently supervise or manage employees. It is strongly recommend for charge nurses, lead workers, team leaders, and supervisors who would like a refresher course or who have not had previous leadership education.
This two-day program involves a high degree of participation and practice with a strong emphasis on communication skills.
Participants will learn to:
• Identify characteristics of effective leaders
• Match leadership style with developmental needs
• Relate to colleagues with a variety of personality types
• Communicate more effectively
• Give and receive feedback
• Resolve conflicts
To register, please use the Learning Management System, http://lmsweb.unch.unc.edu and search for the Keywords, Emerging or Leader. Click here to view a flyer. For more information contact Mary Roach at 919-966-6750.