The purpose of UNC Health-branded Social Media sites is to create an open dialog with the community about UNC Health. We encourage open, honest and authentic conversation. Please use your real name and email address. We moderate all posted content and reserve the right to immediately remove or edit any content within our sole discretion. In addition, all posted content becomes the property of UNC Health and can be licensed, reproduced, distributed, published, displayed, or edited. Derivative work also can be created from posted content and used for any purpose, in any form, and on any media.
Terms and Conditions
By posting content on any UNC Health social media site, you agree to the following terms.
I will not:
- Infringe on the rights of any third-party, including intellectual property, privacy/confidentiality, or publicity rights
- Post content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, abusive, slanderous, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by UNC Health or its affiliates in its sole discretion
- Impersonate another person
- Allow any other person or entity to use my identification for posting content
- Post the same content more than once or “spam”
- Post chain letters, pyramid schemes, advertisements or solicitations of business
- Post phone numbers or email addresses
- Post personal health information or other confidential information that is not my own
- Post solicitations for fundraising efforts not sponsored by or benefiting UNC Health or involving an official UNC Health affiliate
UNC Health reserves the right to:
- Edit or delete any posted content in our sole discretion
- Ban future posts from individuals who violate these Terms and Conditions
UNC Health does not give medical advice via its Website or social media sites. If you are seeking medical advice, please contact a doctor’s office or call 911 in the case of an emergency.
Updated August 6th, 2020