The UNC Bariatric Surgery Program is an American College of Surgeons’ Center of Excellence, as well as a BlueCross BlueShield Center of Distinction.
There are several ways for you and your patients to learn more about the program.
- One-on-one information session with Tara Zychowicz, FNP. Tara is a Certified Bariatric Nurse and Family Nurse Practitioner with more than eight years of experience in the field. She is at the ACC on Tuesdays and at Highgate on Thursdays and Fridays each week. Tara can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Information Sessions – free and open to the public
- Tuesdays, 11:15 – 11:45 a.m., at the Women’s Health Information Center, Room 1115, North Carolina Women’s Hospital
- No registration required
- Call 919-966-8436 for more information
- Monthly Weight-loss Information Sessions hosted by Drs. Overby and Farrell
- Feb. 16 with Dr. Farrell
- March 7 with Dr. Overby
- April 4 with Dr. Farrell
- May 2 with Dr. Overby
- June 6 with Dr. Farrell
- All sessions are held at the UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont
- All sessions begin at 6 p.m.
At each event, the team will discuss the Lap Band and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass weight-loss surgeries offered at UNC Health Care. Information about the program may also be found on the GI Bariatric Surgery Program website: http://www.med.unc.edu/gisurgery/patientinfo/Weight-loss%20Surgery/.
Learn about the benefits of weight loss surgery — for you or someone you care about.