Beginning this week, clinicians will see several new Best Practice Advisories (BPAs) in Epic@UNC. Decision Support, via BPAs, is intended to assist clinicians in improving performance and patient outcomes for certain high-priority health conditions.
The new BPAs, which perform and appear similar to the previously released pneumococcal vaccine BPA, also ensure we reach Stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements regarding the implementation of five clinical decision support interventions related to four or more Meaningful Use clinical quality measures.
The five new BPAs this week are:
- Influenza vaccination (pediatrics and adult)
- Pneumococcal vaccination (already released)
- Tobacco abuse intervention and documentation
- Obesity (percentile-based) counseling and documentation (pediatric)
- Obesity (per BMI) counseling and documentation (adult)
If you have questions or issues using these new BPAs, contact the ISD Service Desk at 984-974-4357 or submit a ticket using HEAT Cloud.