The Colonial Pipeline shutdown has the potential to continue impacting fuel supplies throughout the state this week.
The Colonial Pipeline shutdown has the potential to continue impacting fuel supplies throughout the state this week. Colonial Pipeline hopes to resume most operations by the end of this week. In the short-term, UNC Health’s Emergency Management team asks:
- Our patient care and research co-workers are essential staff. When traveling to/from work, please avoid any non-essential travel and consider sharing rides with co-workers or using public transportation:
- Please remember to wear a mask if sharing a ride!
- Speak to your manager if you are concerned about not having the ability to travel to/from work.
- Use public transportation when possible. At this time, Chapel Hill Transit and GoTriangle services have not been affected by the shortage.
- If you can work from home, speak to your manager and, pending approval, plan to work from home for at least the remainder of this week.
- Don’t hoard gas! Increased demand may extend the shortage. If you need gas, use resources such as GasBuddy.com, the WRAL fuel tracker, the Gas Guru app, or the Waze app to help find gas near you.
We will continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds and will provide any updates via email and on the Intranet. Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to provide Carolina Care to our patients through multiple unique situations!