School of Medicine teammates that work in a clinical environment must provide verification of vaccination using the UNC EHS Vaccine Certification Portal or have received a medical or religious exemption through UNC Employee Occupational Health by Sept. 21 to be compliant with this policy – regardless of when or where your vaccine was administered.
A COVID-19 Vaccine is required by Sept. 21 for all teammates including: physicians, advanced practice providers, contract staff, students, volunteers and vendors working onsite, virtually, or in a hybrid model at UNC Medical Center (including UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC REX Healthcare, Chatham Hospital, Johnston Health, UNC Health Southeastern, UNC Health Rockingham, Wayne UNC Health Care, Caldwell UNC Health Care, UNC Physicians Network (including GP I and GP II practices*), UNC Health Alliance and UNC Health Shared Services locations.
As a result, SOM teammates that work in a clinical environment must provide verification of vaccination using the UNC EHS Vaccine Certification Portal or have received a medical or religious exemption through UNC Employee Occupational Health by Sept. 21 to be compliant with this policy – regardless of when or where your vaccine was administered.
Submitting verification is required for those who were vaccinated at a UNC Health clinic because COVID-19 Vaccination is currently part of your personal medical record – not your employee health record as with the flu vaccine. To be compliant with Occupational Health and Safety Administration requirements and the UNC Health COVID-19 Immunization Policy, UNC Employee Occupational Health needs your COVID-19 vaccine verification via the UNC EHS Vaccine Certification Portal.
Even if you have already used the UNC EHS Vaccine Verification portal, please review the information below to make sure you are in compliance.
If You Are A SOM Employee and Have Not Yet Received a COVID-19 Vaccine:
- You can schedule your appointment at this link or by calling 984-215-4485.
- Additional dates and times are being added across UNC Health, so check back often if you don’t see a convenient time/location for you.
- You do not have to receive the vaccine at UNC Health. Find convenient vaccination sites across North Carolina at https://www.vaccines.gov.
- If any of the following situations apply to you, please call the UEOHC at 919-966-9120 for assistance:
- You had a severe allergic reaction after receiving the first Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and were advised to not complete the series.
- You are seeking a medical or religious exemption to the UNC Health COVID-19 vaccine policy
- You are pregnant and have been advised by your obstetric provider that you should request a temporary, time-limited deferment in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine at this time.
If You Are A SOM Employee and Have Already Received a Complete COVID-19 Vaccine Series:
- If you have already logged into the portal, entered your vaccine information, AND uploaded supporting documentation, you are in compliance with the SOM COVID-19 vaccine policy and no further action is required.
- If you have already logged into the UNC EHS Vaccine Certification portal, entered your vaccine information BUT DID NOT upload supporting documentation, you need to log back into the portal AND upload your supporting documentation to be in compliance with the SOM COVID-19 vaccine policy.
- If any of the following situations apply to you, DO NOT USE the certification portal. Please fax your vaccine documentation to the University Employee Occupational Health Clinic (UEOHC) at 919-966-6337.
- You have received a WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine series (ex. two AstraZeneca/Oxford)
- You completed a mixed vaccine series (one Moderna & one Pfizer, one Pfizer & one J&J, etc.)
- You have received a COVID-19 vaccine series as part of a Phase 3 trial (ex. AstraZeneca, Novavax)
- If you are having technical difficulties putting your documentation into the UNC EHS Vaccine Certification Portal, you may fax your vaccine documentation to the UEOHC at 919-966-6337.