In June, 89% of UNC Health teammates completed the WES (Workforce Engagement Survey). Leaders will receive access to WES results for their department(s) on Monday, Sept. 20. We share these results with you in full transparency.
However, in an effort to help you remain focused on the immediate needs of our patients and your teams, action plans are not required at this time. More information on future steps will be provided in the coming months.
On Monday, Sept. 20, an e-mail will be sent to leaders directly from our external survey administrator, Press Ganey, with login information for the Press Ganey WES portal. This link will be unique to you and cannot be used by anyone else.
We will share new engagement and well-being tools and resources over the next few weeks. Therefore, currently, we encourage everyone to take care of yourselves, your teams and our patients and to use the well-being resources to help support you and your teams.
Q & A
Will all managers receive results in the portal?
Results will only be available if there were at least five (5) respondents. This is done in order to protect the confidentiality of respondents.
What kind of information will be available in the portal?
- Engagement Indicator: Teammates’ emotional attachment and commitment to the organization
- Team Index: Health and functioning of your team
- Leader Index: Connection that teams have to their direct manager
- Resilience: You will also see a score related to Resilience. It measures the ability of the team to recover and remain engaged even in challenging work circumstances.
You will see your own scores as well as any other areas within your span of control.
What do I do after I receive my results?
Once you receive your results, take time to understand them. Some reflective questions include:
- Is this better than or worse than I expected?
- What is surprising? (positively or negatively) Why?
- What do I want to know more about? (If you’re not certain why a score was lower or higher than expected, make note of the question you have.)
- Please contact your designated HR Business Partner for guidance.
- Reach out to a trusted manager, mentor or peer to discuss ideas.
Is it necessary to develop and submit an action plan?
No, not at this time. More details on overall WES response and strategies will be provided later in the year. In the meantime, engagement tools and resources will be provided to support you and your teams in the coming weeks.
For now, we encourage you to focus on the immediate needs of your teams and to use UNC Health’s multiple well-being resources to support you and your teams.
What resources are available to help me learn more?
Several resources are available in the Press Ganey portal. Additionally, there are several resources on the Well-Being site.
Who can I contact with specific questions?
Please reach out to Press Ganey if you have any specific questions: firstname.lastname@example.org