A range of child care resources are available to help Carolina students and employees.
Child Care Scholarships & Referral Services
• Child care subsidies available for eligible students and employees (waitlist)
• Free child care center referrals to 4 and 5-star facilities that meet your needs
• Details at hr.unc.edu/benefits/work-life/child-care/
• Part-time child care, pet care, or senior care offered by Carolina affiliates on
a voluntary or pay for service basis
• Visit hr.unc.edu/helping-heels-list/
• Safer, smarter, and simpler child and pet care provided by recent graduates
• Waive your first booking fee with referral code: UNC-CH
• Details at hr.unc.edu/juggle/
Local Child Care Centers & Discounts
• Victory Village Day Care Center: 919-929-2662, M-F 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
• Save 10% off tuition rates at Childcare Matters, KinderCare, Legacy Academy
Preschool, and Primrose School Chapel Hill East
• Visit https://hr.unc.edu/benefits/work-life/child-care/
YMCA Program Offerings
• After School Programs offers K-8 students space dedicated for complete
homework, engage in indoor activities and outdoor games from school dismissal
until 6 p.m.
• Before School Programs offers early morning care for children K-5 beginning at 7
• Homeschool Programs available to all students ages 6-15 regardless of prior
• Details at https://www.ymcatriangle.org/programs/school-programs
Guidance Resources®: Work-Life Benefits (877-314-5841)
• Child care, nanny services, Before & after-school care, camps, financial assistance,
National Parent Helpline: 1-855-4A PARENT (1-855-427-2736)
• Free emotional support from trained Advocates, Monday—Friday 1 – 10 p.m.
EST (English & Spanish)