Tests can be ordered from the U.S. Postal Service and the North Carolina State Health Plan.
At Home Rapid COVID-19 Tests Available from USPS.com
Each residential households in the U.S. can now order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com. Here’s what you need to know about your order:
- Limit of one order per residential address
- One order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
- Orders will ship free starting in late January
Updated State Health Plan Coverage for At-Home Rapid COVID-19 Tests
Additionally, per President Biden’s Executive Order, At-Home Rapid COVID-19 tests will be covered 100% effective Jan. 15, 2022. The State Health Plan (Plan) will offer this coverage to Plan members enrolled in the 80/20 and 70/30 PPO Plans as well as the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) via the pharmacy benefit.
There is a limit of 8 At-Home Rapid tests per 30 days. This does not apply to tests purchased prior to Jan. 15, 2022.
Plan members have two options for coverage of At-Home Rapid COVID-19 tests:
- Purchase your At-Home Rapid COVID-19 test at a local pharmacy using your State Health Plan ID card. When purchased at the pharmacy with your ID card, there should be no cost to the member,
- Purchase an At-Home Rapid COVID-19 test online or in a store and submit a receipt and claims form for reimbursement using the Prescription Reimbursement Claim form located on the Plan’s website.
Members must submit a receipt, which clearly indicates the test purchased, along with the claims form. The claims reimbursement process will take 30 – 90 days.